- ENTER HERE
- COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 21ST NOA EXHIBITION
- NOA C H I L D R E N
- ABOUT US
- ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
- EXHIBITION VENUES
- THE NEWS BLOG
- NOA TESTIMONIALS
- VIDEO AND VIMEO
- WORLD ART VOTE
- CONTACT US
Thank you for your interest
ENTER - CHILDREN UNDER 15
WELCOME TO NOA17!
The 21st National Open Art Competition is now closed for Registration and Entries after the EXTENDED deadline of 23 July 2017.
HOW TO ENTER
Who can enter?
Must live in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Éire).
Must be 14 years of age or younger on 1 September 2017.
How do I enter?
IF YOU ARE A NEW ENTRANT AND HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY ENTERED
After clicking on “Enter” you will be asked for your date of birth. This will then take you to the registration form.
IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ENTERED
Login using your Username and Password from your previous entry. If you have forgotten either of them, press the 'click here' button on the registration page. This will generate an email reminder.
Follow the instructions above to enter and submit your work(s).
WHETHER A NEW OR PREVIOUS ENTRANT
Have a parent or guardian ready to pay £5 to for your registration with their Credit/Debit card; this includes the payment for your first work to enter in the Competition.
You can submit your image/images/films now or at a later date if necessary, up to the close of registration.
How much does it cost?
Registration for the Children’s Competition costs £5, which includes your first submission.
You may enter up to two more submissions at a cost of £5 each.
There is a SPECIAL OFFER for bulk school entries: £10 for 10 children.
Please email anne for a code and instructions.
What are the deadlines?
Registration for NOA17 starts on 1 March 2017 and ends at midnight on the 23 July extended from 9 July 2017.
What can I enter?
We accept the following mediums:
• Wall Hung Installations
• Digital art
We do not accept reproduction prints (e.g. photographic prints of paintings).
What are the size limitations?
Max size of Artwork: Width : 50cm x Height : 50cm x Depth : 30cm including the frame.
Max duration of Moving Image: 3 minutes (180 seconds) including any credits.
What information is required for the work?
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
Make sure you have the following ready:
• Artists statement of MAX 30 words for each work. Please note that the statement must be about the work and should not include any personal details.
• A parent or guardian ready to pay £5 with their Credit/Debit card for additional submissions. Your initial £5 registration fee entitles you to upload 1 submission. Additional submissions £5 each (Max 3 = £15).
For All Images (excluding Moving Image)
• Digital photographic images of your work resized - 250KB - 2MB. For more details about the images, click here.
• Medium, e.g. Oil, Photograph, etc.
• Type of work, e.g. Painting, Drawing, etc, selected from a drop-down list
• Measurement in centimetres (with frame if applicable)
• Price - Optional with the maximum price being £300. Children’s works may be shown as “NFS” (Not for Sale).
• ONLY Photographs or Wall Hung Installations may be "editions". On the submission page enter the number of works in the edition available. If there are unframed works in the edition, please enter the number of those and the price.
For Moving Image
For conditions specific to the moving image, click here.
• The URL of your online image, from Vimeo (See note at the bottom of this document) or YouTube
• The type of film, e.g. Animation
• The length in seconds (maximum 180)
• Price – optional
I’m having problems registering, who do I contact?
For all enquiries please call Amanda Kings on 07986 697 693, or email Amanda.
For any technical problems, please contact Anne.
I have a problem with the photo of my work – who do I contact?
Problems Sizing or cropping
If your image file size is larger than 2Mb, and you are having difficulties reducing it, please email it to Anne making sure that it is sent at “actual size”. Some email providers, and some photograph “manager”s, e.g. Picassa, iPhoto/Photos, etc., automatically reduce attachment sizes. If it is too big to email, contact Anne who will set up a temporary DropBox link for you.
If your image needs cropping or straightening up, also send it to Anne as above. Please note, that file sizes that are smaller than the minimum of 250Kb, cannot be made larger without loss of quality and colour correction cannot be made.
If you experience other problems, you might consider trying a different Browser, e.g. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
If you still have problems, please send the details of what is happening to Anne, along with a screen shot of the error, if possible and including the type of Browser you are using, e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox.
How is the judging done?
Moving Image and Children’s Competition
There is only one round of judging for Moving Image and the Children’s Competition, both done digitally.
Children, whose work is selected at this judging for the exhibition, will be notified in time for them to send their work to the judging venue, if they wish, taking advantage of any collection offers, shown here. Other works will be selected for display on our online Children’s Gallery.
For the exhibition three children prize-winners will be selected along with seven highly commended age related works including under 6, 7-10 and 11-14.
Note: If a home-schooled child wins one of the first three prizes, the associated cheque must be awarded to a shool or charity of the parents' choice.
For Moving Image, one prize-winner and five Highly Commended works are selected to be displayed at the exhibition. Other works will be selected for display on our online Moving Image Gallery.
How do I send my work if it’s selected for the exhibition?
If selected for the exhibition, your parent or guardian may deliver the work, use one of our recommended couriers or make other arrangements. Details of the couriers are here.
You are required to send your work to us in an Art Bag from ArtPakk (discounts available to NOA artists) or something similar please.
Traditional wrapping methods give poor protection and are extremely time consuming, not only for you but also for NOA. Art needs careful unwrapping and then wrapping up again - some will repeat this cycle 5 times on a NOA Tour.
Also, think of the environment! Several clumsy materials are required (bubble wrap, corrugated cardboard, paper, tape and string) which cannot be reused.
All work selected for the exhibition must be sent in its final form, e.g. framed, mounted, etc.
Please call Amanda Kings to discuss special packing arrangements for large works on 07986 697 693.
All work is submitted at your own risk; it is therefore advisable that artists insure their work.
The important “small print”.
ALL WORKS SUBMITTED MUST BE
• Where applicable, priced for Sale at a sensible and affordable market price in the spirit of the competition and its exhibitions. NOA’s commission is 50% of the price if a work is sold, of which 5% will be gifted to a children’s arts charity.
• Available for use by NATIONAL OPEN ART for advertising and online postings for up to two years from the close of entry date.
• Available for all the exhibitions as advertised relating to the year of entry even if they take place in the following year.
• Must be collected from NOA after the exhibition(s) by the deadlines published on the Key Dates. Works not collected by those dates will be disposed of.
• Click here for more details of conditions of entry.
Extract from the Vimeo website
Who May Use the Vimeo Service
AGE REQUIREMENT: You must be at least 13 years old to use the Vimeo Service. If you are at least 13, but are still a minor (this depends on where you live), you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission to use the Vimeo Service. Please have him or her read this Agreement with you.
NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS: By granting your child permission to use the Vimeo Service, you agree to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of your child. You are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child's use of the Vimeo Service. If your child is using the Vimeo Service and is either under 13 or does not have your permission, please contact us immediately so that we can disable his or her access. If you have questions about whether the Vimeo Service is appropriate for your child, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or contact Vimeo.
Page updated 14 February 2017